There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the house. And when it comes to cookies, chocolate chip ones are an undeniable classic. Whether you’re baking for a special occasion or simply craving a comforting treat, this recipe is a go-to.
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. This will allow room for the cookies to spread as they bake.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The center may still appear slightly underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.
8. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once cooled, enjoy these delicious cookies with a glass of milk or share them with friends and family!
– For an extra chewy texture, try replacing half of the all-purpose flour with bread flour.
– Don’t overbake the cookies, as they will continue to cook slightly on the baking sheet after being taken out of the oven.
– Feel free to customize your cookies by adding nuts, shredded coconut, or even dried fruit to the dough.