Fall is here, and what better way to embrace the season than with a comforting bowl of creamy pumpkin soup? This recipe is the perfect combination of velvety smoothness and warm autumn flavors. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a cozy meal at home, this soup will surely hit the spot.
To make this creamy pumpkin soup, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 medium-sized pumpkin, peeled and cubed
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 2 celery stalks, chopped
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Olive oil for sautéing
1. Start by heating some olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
2. Next, add the chopped carrots and celery to the pot. Sauté for a few more minutes until the vegetables have softened slightly.
3. Now it’s time to add the star of the dish: the pumpkin. Toss in the cubed pumpkin and stir well to coat it in the aromatic mixture.
4. Pour in the vegetable broth and season the soup with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
5. Once the pumpkin is cooked, turn off the heat and let the soup cool slightly. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
6. Return the pot to the heat and pour in the heavy cream. Stir well to incorporate the cream into the soup and bring it back to a simmer.
7. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary. You can add more cinnamon or nutmeg for a stronger flavor, or additional salt and pepper to your liking.
8. Serve the creamy pumpkin soup hot, garnished with a drizzle of heavy cream and a sprinkle of minced fresh parsley or chopped chives. You can also add a handful of toasted pumpkin seeds for an extra crunch.