There’s something about the smell of freshly baked cookies that brings comfort and joy to our hearts. Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out, this recipe for homemade chocolate chip cookies is sure to become a family favorite. These cookies are truly irresistible – they have the perfect balance of sweetness, crunch, and chewiness.
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or mix by hand with a wooden spoon.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may appear slightly underbaked, but they will firm up as the cookies cool.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These homemade chocolate chip cookies are perfect on their own, but you can also customize them to your liking. Feel free to add chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or even a sprinkle of sea salt on top before baking. The possibilities are endless!
Whether you’re baking for a special occasion or just craving a sweet treat, these homemade chocolate chip cookies are sure to satisfy your cravings. They are great for sharing with friends and family or enjoying all by yourself with a glass of cold milk.