There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies wafting through the kitchen. These little treats are loved by people of all ages and are a classic dessert option. Whether you’re hosting a party, need a sweet snack, or just want to indulge yourself, this recipe will always come in handy.
To make a batch of these delicious chocolate chip cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
– 3 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2 cups of chocolate chips
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients let’s get started!
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This can be done using an electric mixer or by hand using a wooden spoon.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough. Be careful not to overmix.
6. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave enough space between each cookie to allow for spreading while baking.
7. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown around the edges. The centers may appear slightly undercooked, but they will set as they cool.
8. Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy these heavenly chocolate chip cookies with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot tea.